Friday, June 20, 2008

It's harvest time!


I saw Dr. R. today and looks like my ovaries are about to blow. All off my follicles are measuring at 19-20mm so it is time to collect them for the next phase. We are moving up my egg retrieval from Monday to this Sunday morning. I am a bit nervous about anesthesia and long needles poking through my netherlands but I suppose that this is all part of what I signed up for. Once my girly follicles are retrieved, we will introduce them to their male counterparts in the "love dish". We are hoping for a large showing of participants from both sides to participate in the orgy. In this case, the more the merrier! In 3-5 days we will evaluate the maturity of the ones that manage to hook up and choose the most robust for the trip back into my uterus. We will likely put 2 back and hope that either one or both of them implant and result in a baby. Dave is quite excited at the prospect of being a "real" dad. Please keep us in your prayers on Sunday and send proliferative thoughts this way.

3 comments:

smargaret2003 said...

OMG this is the best news ever! I will be praying for you tons. Good luck and know that Sunday will be the hardest day but you can totally do it! Trust me on this one tell them you want the pain meds. I am not trying to scare you, it's just very painful BUT TOTALLY worth every single inch of pain. YEAH your babies are going to be here before you know it!

Sarah

GRAMMY LOVE said...

WOW! Great News! Now,let that LOVE ORGY begin!! GO GO GO!!!!

The "J' Eder Family said...

I am so excited for you. I will be thinking about you in the morning...keep us updated tomorrow if you can!