Sunday, July 6, 2008

Today's News

Greetings everyone... Well, let me first deliver the news that neither of the embryos took and we weren't fortunate enough to have Tracy get pregnant this time around. I guess we are both in a state of trying to figure out what to do next and will be setting an appointment with Dr. Robins this week to discuss options.

I can say that it is taxing at best for me, and definitely stressful with Tracy because it's her body that had to go through all the variable hormonal changes, physical changes, and not to mention a few instances of painful cramps when her ovary would spontaneously twist. Not fun.

So that said... We did have a chance to meet some new neighbors at a block party this week who also went through IVF with Dr. Robins. They explained how their first go-round failed after implanting two embryos, but succeeded the second time after implanting four - and they ended up with twins. This is uplifting to say the least and I am sure will play some role in our next decision.

As I begin to dwell on issues of "fairness" and letting a degree of negativity speak, its frustrating seeing others having children so easily or without trying - or some who just shouldn't have children at all, I have to take a deep breath. I have a faith in our God that He gives people like us this opportunity to move forward and try again and will deliver His plan as he always does. We believe this wholeheartedly and it gives us strength.

So give a few days for us to be prepared to talk but please email or leave comments for us to read, as we do like sharing this part of our lives with our friends and family.

Talk soon.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Dave and Tracy,
I know this is an enornous disappointment having gone through everything you have, especially you Tracy, so take some time to heal your hearts. Please remember that together you can make it through the hard times and move forward with whatever decision it right for you. It times like this that make is SOOOO hard to be so far away. You are all in the my thoughts and heart now and always.
Love to all,
Mom

smargaret2003 said...

Dave and Tracy,
My heart goes out to both of you. I know this time is very painful time for you both and I want you to know that I praying for you. Sometimes there just isn't any explantion and I think that is the most frustrating part. God has a plan for you and I promise he will reward you greatly in the end.

Hugs coming your way.

Sarah Murphy

GRAMMY LOVE said...

Dave and Tracy,

Know that dad and I think about you both each and everyday. We want nothing but the best for you and our hearts and prayers are with you.

All of our love,
Mom and Dad