Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Attitude





When I logged on the check out the blog status this morning, it seemed a little dreary and depressing. The new beachy template puts me in a better mood not to mention the new tunes of sunshine and summertime. The girls are in the TriCities for the week with Shane so I am taking advantage of the quite time to take care of myself a little. My friend, Carrie, is joining me this evening for some drinks and some much needed girl time while Dave is gone on an overnighter in Missoula. I picked up a couple of chick flicks to cuddle up with on the couch tonight.

Here are a couple of upbeat photos of the family from last week:
  • The first is of the girls on a slip n' slide with the neighbor kids across the street. They played on that thing for hours.
  • The second is one of the girls and their friends at our Neighborhood Block Party, which was a huge success if I do say so myself. There were about 20 families in all that participated.
  • Next is one that is a rare moment that had to be caught on film. Yes that is Dave, my husband, doing manual labor. While I was in the midst of my IVF treatments and activity restrictions, he insisted on mowing the lawn for me. This picture alone is motivation enough to attempt another round of treatment :)

  • Finally, Brooke was on a kick on helping out around the house as well so she watered the perennials that I planted in our rock wall in the backyard.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes throughout the past month of IVF. It has definitely been an unforgettable experience and has brought our family closer together. We have an appointment in early August to discuss what may have gone wrong, what we can change, and our options for trying again.

For now, I am just looking forward to spending some time visiting both or our families over the next month. In two weeks, the girls and I are headed to AZ to hang out with my family in Phoenix and visit what is left of Crown King. Then it's off to Seattle for Dave's 20 year High School Reunion. Finally, we will head down to the Oregon Coast to visit Loves Cottage on the beach in Manzanita. Before you know it we will be back to school shopping and setting alarm clocks to catch the bus.





3 comments:

The "J' Eder Family said...

DAVE MOWED THE LAWN - OH MY GOODNESS! I am glad you caught it on camera or I would never have believed it.

I am thinking of you, take it easy tonight!! Lets stay positive for the next round, of anyone I know you can do it!

GRAMMY LOVE said...

Whoa! David Wayne Love- mowing a lawn....for REAL!! He looks so professional and he seems to be actually, ENJOYING it! Hmmm....maybe he'll ALWAYS want to mow the lawn from now on? What do you think Tracy? LOL LOL Love your new "beachy" look of the blog!

Mom said...

Looks like the girlies had a wet and wild time on the slip & slide. What little fishes you are. Glad to hear the block party was a success.

Tracy, good thing you snapped a photo of Davie Boy mowing, who would of believed it.

Actually, Dave I knew you would always be there for my baby when she needed you.

Looking forward to seeing you and spending some time together.

Love to all,
Mom